About the role
We offer the opportunity to work on high impact diseases of farm animals, poultry and many other species, good work life balance and job security.
You will be part of:
- a team of veterinary pathologists with a wide range of experience and expertise
- inter-disciplinary research projects covering a spectrum of notifiable, zoonotic and exotic diseases across a large variety of species, with an emphasis on production animals
- an exciting research community with job security and the opportunity to see how your findings influence society
Starting salary for this role is £38,751 - £43,847.
This post will be located at our internationally renowned science headquarters at APHA Weybridge, Surrey, UK.
Closing date: 12th February 2021.
Typical benefits may include:
- Attendance at conferences and workshops
- Training courses
- Generous pension scheme
- Flexible working
- 25 days annual leave on entry and up to 30 days at 5 years of service
- Free parking on site
About the Animal and Plant Health Agency
APHA is an executive agency, sponsored by Defra and the Scottish and Welsh Government to safeguard animal and plant health for the benefit of people, the environment and the economy. The Agency’s remit is as wide-ranging as it is far-reaching: we are responsible for:
- identifying and controlling endemic and exotic diseases and pests in animals, plants and bees, and surveillance of new and emerging pests and diseases
- scientific research in areas such as bacterial, viral, prion and parasitic diseases and vaccines, and food safety; and act as an international reference laboratory for many farm animal diseases
- facilitating international trade in animals, products of animal origin, and plants
- protecting endangered wildlife through licensing and registration
- managing a programme of apiary (bee) inspections, diagnostics, research and development, and training and advice
- regulating the safe disposal of animal by-products to reduce the risk of potentially dangerous substances entering the food chain
APHA is an equal opportunities employer. Our policy is to provide equal opportunities in employment, career development and promotion.
Where to go from here
To apply, please visit the Civil Service Jobs website (www.civilservicejobs.service.gov.uk) and, after clicking on the ‘show more’ option, enter the reference number 94746. Alternatively, please use this direct link.
You may also find it useful to read through information on ‘Success Profiles’ which is the new recruitment framework used within the Civil Service.
For informal discussion about this opportunity please contact Dr Alejandro Nunez (Alejandro.email@example.com).