Monday 25 September 2017 marked the 100 year’s anniversary of the agency’s Weybridge site.
Kath Webster was appointed Director of Scientific Services, APHA in April 2014. The APHA Director of Scientific Services is responsible for the leadership and management of science delivery across the agency.
One of the key actions taken forward in our first science strategy was to set up an APHA Science Advisory Board (SAB).
Welcome to the new APHA science blog. This is the first post on what I hope will become the first port of call for anybody interested in what the Animal and Plant Health Agency (APHA) is doing in terms of science.
Related content and links
- Antimicrobial Resistance (8)
- APHA news (10)
- Bacterial diseases (11)
- Bee health (6)
- COVID-19 (4)
- Data analysis & modelling (11)
- Diagnostics & testing (7)
- Epidemiology (3)
- Events (23)
- Farming (1)
- One Health (11)
- Parasites (3)
- Plant health (9)
- Prions (1)
- Science strategy (10)
- Surveillance (15)
- Viral diseases (17)
- Wildlife (12)
- Women in science (8)
- APHA provides science evidence quickly leading to the first detection of bird ‘flu in the United Kingdom 22 December 2020
- What is lurking in Britain’s hedgerows? 1 December 2020
- World Antimicrobial Awareness Week 19 November 2020
- International Development – One Health 3 November 2020
- Transferable skills: providing scientific advice to public health policy makers during the coronavirus pandemic 30 October 2020
About APHA science
A blog about science at the Animal and Plant Health Agency (APHA).