Paul Beales, Head of Plant Health Technical Extension Team, talks about the long and winding road to winning a prestigious gold medal at the RHS Chelsea Flower Show.
I have worked in the civil service for over 20 years, primarily as a plant pathology diagnostician. More recently, I joined the plant health inspectorate in APHA to lead the technical extension team. My current role involves raising awareness of plant health biosecurity and plant and disease threats across the UK.
Paul Beales highlights APHA’s involvement in plant health engagement by talking about the 2017 RHS Chelsea Flower Show exhibit.
Related content and links
- Antimicrobial Resistance (8)
- APHA news (14)
- Bacterial diseases (11)
- Bee health (7)
- COVID-19 (6)
- Data analysis & modelling (11)
- Diagnostics & testing (8)
- Epidemiology (3)
- Events (25)
- Farming (1)
- One Health (12)
- Parasites (4)
- Plant health (9)
- Prions (1)
- Science strategy (11)
- Surveillance (16)
- Viral diseases (17)
- Wildlife (15)
- Women in science (9)
- Life as a Seasonal Bee Inspector 12 July 2021
- Spotlight on APHA’s zoonotic disease research 6 July 2021
- Using applications to help us collect data on wild animals 2 July 2021
- Scientific input from APHA in key Defra publication 28 June 2021
- Celebrating five years of the APHA Science blog! 3 June 2021
About APHA science
A blog about science at the Animal and Plant Health Agency (APHA).